Thursday, July 5, 2007

Wimbledon

I got to watch some matches this morning before heading in to work. Djokovic was playing Hewitt and although I have not seen much of this him, Djokovic impresses me. He's only 20 (I think) and has climbed to #5 in the world, playing well on different surfaces. I would love to see a semifinal between him and Nadal. The two have met 4 times already this year, Nadal winning twice on clay and splitting the other two on a hard court.

Also, I know the Wimbledon tradition is not to play on the middle Sunday, but the results from this year will hopefully force them to change policies. 3rd round matches that should have been played last Saturday were not finished until yesterday (Wednesday). I understand that its hard to predict the rain sometimes, but if they get one more day of heavy rain, we'll be watching the men's final on Monday.

No comments: