Friday, July 20, 2007

Baseball Roulette

Any time you buy baseball tickets months or even weeks in advance, you have no idea who you'll see pitch. As someone who enjoys a great pitching duel, I'm always hoping for a great match-up.

Then a few days before the game, you go online and see that instead of watching Clemens or Wang, I get to see Kei Igawa. You see, I'm going to the Yankees game saturday night. Now, they are playing the Devil Rays, so the only pitcher worth seeing is Jamie Shields. Instead I get to watch JP Howell. The good news is that the Yankee bats should have a field day. The bad is that the Devil Ray bats will as well and the game could push 4 hours.

So while I didn't luck out this time, I look forward to my next game of baseball roulette with as much excitement as I did this time.

No comments: