Friday, August 24, 2007

Frank's weekly rants

I've decided to start a new type of post, called Frank's weekly rants. It will mostly consist of me bitching about something that annoys me. Don't know yet if it will be every week or not. Do you have something that annoys you? Please share.

I am utterly amazed at the lack of office kitchen ettiquite. I bring in food to mircowave about twice a week. When I get to the microwave I put my food in (or wait in line if there are people already) and when its done I REMOVE THE FOOD FROM THE MICROWAVE. Of course, its common at my office for people to leave food in the microwave more than 5 minutes after its done warming up. Thats right, people will set the microwave for 2 minutes and then show up anywhere from 3-10 minutes later. Not only is this incredibly inconsiderate, its stupid. Your food will be cold.

You know what pisses me off? Ribbons on cars. Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for people supporting whatever cause they want. But on my drive into work this morning, I was behind this truck. And how many ribbons did the truck have? Not 1, not 2, but FIFTEEN! There may have been more I couldn't see. This annoys the hell out of me. So I'm hereby instituting the Frank rule of ribbons. No vehicle may have more than 2 ribbons and if you have 2 ribbons they must not be duplicates.

I was listening to a concert announcement on the radio and heard the DJ explain that tickets purchased at the Wachovia Center are better than those purchased over the internet since they do not have a convenience charge. This seems very counterintuitive. Computer does the work, charge people. Person does the work, don't charge people. Apparently computers have a tougher job. Also, I'm starting to get really fed up with the blurred security letters that Ticketmaster makes you enter to ensure that you're not a computer. Its gotten to the point where I can only figure out about 1/2 of them.

1 comment:

Motivated said...

Well I really hope I don't piss you off because I do not want to make it on to Frank's weekly rants.

Sorry people are stupid.